November 26, 2013 by Nicole
This time of year, our attention is drawn to family, food, tradition and giving thanks. I know that I have so much to be thankful for:
- I’m thankful to have found dance again.
- I’m thankful to be part of the CCD family.
- I’m thankful to have found teachers that care about me & push me to be my best dance self.
- I’m thankful to have a healthy body, one that allows me to dance.
- I’m thankful to have the support of family and friends who have encouraged me to pursue the things I love.
- I’m thankful to be able to talk about dance and share my stories with you here.
- I’m thankful to have an audience that cares to read my writing.
This is of course, the start to a much longer list, but you get the idea. I know that I’m guilty of getting so caught up in the details of what’s going on – whether that be in the career space, dance class or otherwise – that it becomes easy to lose sight and forget to be grateful for the things that are obviously positive. It’s getting stuck on the fact that I can’t jump higher or turn longer instead of appreciating my body for what it can do today. Or getting overwhelmed by my daily schedule – including work, writing and dance – while overlooking that it’s made possible by supportive and encouraging friends and family. I’m lucky to have these opportunities and will try to better live in a state of gratitude all year, not just over the holiday.
I hope you have a happy and safe holiday. Thank you so much for reading Dance Orlando – I appreciate it more than I can say. See you next week, back here at Dance Orlando!
Feel free to let me know what you’re thankful for in the Comments section.