April 22, 2014 by Nicole
Photo courtesy of Lisbet Photography, lisbetstudio.com
Along with Dance & Arts Camp for students ages 6-13, The Center for Contemporary Dance is offering Princess Ballerina Camp for younger students, ages 4-5.
It’s a less intense schedule – half days of classes on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, June 9-27. And like Dance & Arts Camp, you can sign up for single weeks or the entire summer – it’s up to you.
Not only will these campers be able to participate in dance class, they’ll also enjoy princess-themed activities including:
- Create a tiara, wand and other Princess-themed crafts.
- Learn stories of great ballets, including Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Swan Lake and more.
- Develop and perform a weekly showcase.
- Watch ballet videos as inspiration for future possibilities in dance.
- Daily dance class that inspires imagination and cultivates movement skills.
- Learn concepts in rhythm and musicality.
Daily Camp Schedule:
10:00am: Dance class
10:50am: Story time with snack
11:15am: Craft and activity time
12:15 pm: Dismissal and pick-up
Weekly Showcase: 12:00 p.m. every Friday
Students showcase their work in a 15-minute presentation at 12:00 p.m. each Friday. There are no additional costs or fees to participate in the showcase. There are also no costumes to buy – dancers will wear their classroom attire and/or Princess dresses. Students who do not bring their own Princess dress may borrow one from the School’s Castle Closet. The showcase is open to friends, family and the general public.
For more information about Princess Ballerina Camp, visit thecenterfordance.org to download the Camp Handbook.
BONUS: If you register before May 10, you’ll get 25% off! Register today!